CODE OF CONDUCT
Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) is an institution dedicated to provide
educational opportunities, transmitting knowledge and providing range of services to both medical
students and general community. The institution endeavors to foster in each student a love of
learning, commitment to fair and honorable conduct and respect for the safety and welfare of others.
For this purpose, this medical college authority likes to implement such a system here to consider
as “code of conduct”. The students have to obey some code of conduct in the campus as
well as beyond it as the conduct outside may influence the educational process and learning
environment. It is not intended to be a solely punitive process nor a substitution of the law. The
code of conduct aims to sustain a safe environment conductive to learning, promote a climate of
mutual respects, individual well being, personal development and encourage application of ethical
decision making in daily life of students.
The code of conduct is considered as follows:
- Personal dressing and attitudes:
- All students have to carry their Identity Cards in the college & hospital campus.
- Students should come to the college in clean dress with white coat on.
- Male students should wear a simple dress (shirt, full pant and shoes). Hair should be trimmed
and combed. Either clean shaving or normal beard are encouraged.
- Female students should be in simple & sober dress and wear shoes or sandal shoes without
high heel. Hair should be clean, non coloured, well brushed and clipped or banded.
- Fashionable dresses, T-shirts, too much cosmetics, costly ornaments, slipper and untidy hair are
- Students should tried their level best to keep the college & hospital campus clean.
- Sticking of posters or similar materials on the walls of the college and hospital are
Any violation of the code of conduct 1 will be considered as minor
- Behavior and conducts in the campus:
- Students must not misbehave with teachers, fellows, staffs and any employee of the college and
- Eve-teasing, smoking, taking alcohol and narcotic drugs are strictly forbidden in the college
& hospital campus.
- Any violence, breaking, damaging or burning of college or hospital properties are strictly
- Forceful closure of college, hospital or departments and creating obstacles in the normal
functioning of the college and hospital should not be done.
- Students politics are strictly prohibited in the college & hospital campus.
- Any type of strike, demonstrations, processions, slogans and unnecessary shouting in the college
and hospital premises are not allowed.
- Terrorist activities, beating, causing injury, and manhandling of any persons in the college and
hospital campus are strictly prohibited.
- Going out by auto vacation or abstaining from classes enmass without prior permission are not
- Foreigner students have to submit their passport at the office of the Principal on reaching the
institution. They will take the passport from time to time accordingly for leaving this country.
All concerned should abide by this rule strictly without delay.
- Any sorts of unethical request or pressure from any corner regarding activities of the students
like selection to sit for professional examinations will not be tolerated.
Any violation of the code of conduct 2 will be treated as major
misconduct. Performing three minor misconducts by a particular students will be treated as a
- Academic rules of the college:
- Students should be regular in classes, teaching activities of the college and must abide by the
rules of the college and concerned university strictly.
- A minimum of 75% attendance in the classes are compulsory, failing which the students will not
be allowed to sit for professional examinations. If a student fails to participate in any two
college examinations (card final & term final exam etc) his/her name may be suspended from
the departmental register temporarily. On showing reasonable grounds he/she may be allowed to
continue classes with the permission of the Principal.
- All sorts of fees and dues are to be submitted properly in time, failing which and any
negligency will be considered as misconduct to the code.
- Until passing out of the final professional examination students must have to pay all the fees
and charges of the college.
- Foreigner students must have to reside in the college hostel.
Any violation of the college academic rules will be treated under
college and university rules.
- Categories of punishment for minor misconduct:
- Warning (ii) Fine (iii) Warning and Fine (iv) Temporary Suspension of the student from all
classes for a certain period.
- Student’s name may be struck off from the college register temporally under the
- Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without permission.
- Nonpayment of college dues for consecutive three months.
- Students leave the country without permission from the Principal or stays outside the country
beyond the period permitted to stay.
- Categories of punishment for major misconduct:
- Fine (ii) Temporary suspension from the college (iii) Withheld from
appearing in the University professional examinations (iv) Expulsion from the college.
- The authority has got the right to frame some form of
punishment which the alleged student will have to bear. Authority here means the academic
- Any sorts of misconduct committed by a student which are not
included over here will be considered and taken necessary action by the academic
- In case of minor misconduct college administration can take
decision regarding punishment.
- Academic council preserve all rights to take any decision
regarding any major misconduct and review the decision of college administration regarding
minor miss conduct.